There are so many variables that determine the ideal fit, as we’re all built different – DIFFERENT heights, build, style. So realistically what’s perfect for one is not always perfect for another.
1. Shoulders – must fit, either tight on the shoulders frame or slightly oversized with room for some natural drape. The shoulder frames the jacket and provides the basis for the rest of the fit.
2. Chest – a more comfortable chest is always better than an overly tight chest fit. If it’s too tight a jacket will bellow and look too small. Unless you like looking like your clothes being One size too small, slightly bigger is always better than way too small.
3. Sleeve length – Ideal sleeve length is generally, just above the heel of your palm – slightly above where your thumb starts.
4. Jacket length – Generally, in line with your lowest (or first) thumb knuckle..
5. Belly – leave enough room for PIZZA! No one likes wearing a suit that isn’t comfy after dinner.
6. Pants – See above, always leave a little room for food – if we can’t sit comfy after dinner – WHAT’S THE POINT!
7. Trouser taper & length – Mister Mister personally PREFER a wide-ish shorter trouser. Some of our clients PREFER a slim to tight short trouser. Others PREFER a straight cut longer trouser – THE CORRECT ANSWER is ‘whatever is most comfortable with you’.
ULTIMATELY, WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IS THAT YOU’RE comfortable. HOWEVER, WE FIND THAT IS COMPLETELY UP TO YOU. BUT WE’VE OF COURSE GOT SOME IDEAS WHICH WE THINK HELP. FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT IF YOU’VE GOT ANY QUESTIONS FOR US, WE’D LOVE TO HELP.